SammyRulez Projectz

Thoughts about Software Design, Java, geek stuff and more. All most daily

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

JSF and JSTL: I got the clue

Finally I understood the true meaning of using jstl an jsf. I'm writing this to the one that, like me, aproched custom tag in "the servlet way". I found that tag tecnolgy gives his best if used with a sort of reuse paranoia in mind.
I gave myself.. and going to propose to the team, these rules:

  • Check the Standard taglib before writing something in a jsp
  • Check the company taglib before writing something in a jsp
  • Check the Jakarta taglib before writing something in a jsp
  • Everything longer than 10 lines of code in a JSP should be placed in an include jsp (and maybe parametrized: jsp:param do exist!)
  • Everything longer than 10 lines of code in a JSP should be placed in a new tag of the company taglib (or maybe is a businees method!)


Maybe these rules are oblivious for the most of you... but I'm working very hard in refactoring hugly jsp.


Pause is over... back to work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home